Insert Witty Title Here


Monday, September 1, 2008
Or something like that.

Yesterday I had the pleasure of attending the annual PA Renaissance Faire. It was like nothing I've ever seen before in my life. Quite overwhelming and, well, bizarre.

I went with my parents, and at one point during the car ride to the fairgrounds, I mentioned that I'd heard that the people who participate in and attend these types of affairs are a subculture unto themselves. I can tell you with absolute certainty now that it is 100% true. These people take this shit REALLY seriously, speaking Elizabethan English in faux British accents while garbed in apparently authentic apparel. Kind of like this guy:



When I feel inclined to download the pictures I took from it, I'll be sure to post a few here. The highlight of the afternoon was bonding with my dad while throwing knives at a target as my mother stood far, far out of harm's way.

Good tymes.

Labels: , , ,


Posted by Lori at 9:01 PM |