After thinking about this for quite some time, I've made a decision to finish my degree.
This is something that I just need to do. Period. It's both a professional and personal goal for me. As much as I hate to admit it, the fact is that most people in business tend to make negative judgments on those of us who don't have that piece of paper.
I took four online classes through the University of Phoenix back in 2003-2004, but then I went to work for a firm that didn't offer tuition reimbursement. So I focused on attaining some professional licenses and certifications at that point.
I've been nagging my current company to adopt a tuition reimbursement policy since I was hired here, and I finally got them to agree to it. Previously, they didn't offer it, but I was informed this morning that they will reimburse me 100% of the cost of every class I take, provided I get a passing grade. How cool is THAT?
I applied to Widener's Exton campus yesterday and ordered transcripts from West Chester and the University of Phoenix. Now I'm going to make an appointment with the academic advisor for next week, so that we can put together an attack plan.
Assuming I'm accepted to Widener (and I don't foresee an issue with this), classes begin September 3.
I guess this qualifies as that "something major" I was hoping would happen when I wrote about it a few weeks ago.