Insert Witty Title Here


Sunday, July 20, 2008
I've been feeling that way lately, more so than usual for me. Not sure why.

I feel like I'm waiting for something really major to happen.

Historically, this has galvanized me into some kind of new project. That usually perks me right up. Doing home renovations, taking classes on a subject that I want to learn more about, planning a trip.

Hmmm.

Right now I just feel like I'm killing time.

I hate this.

*************************************************

I went out tonight around 9 p.m. with my camera, looking for something interesting to shoot. I wasn't expecting much, since the sun had already set and Limerick isn't exactly the hub of excitement, even on a Saturday night. But then I remembered that the local fire company was having their annual summer carnival.

I wandered around the decidedly tiny fairgrounds for a little over an hour with my camera and tripod, and made quite a few friends in that short amount of time. Nothing like a tripod and professional-looking camera to spark people's curiosity.

I wound up talking to the guys working the rides for a while. One of them, the owner's nephew, asked how much I'd charge to sell him some of my pictures.

Since this was my first time taking long-exposure night pictures, I didn't feel comfortable with the idea of selling my shots to someone. So I just gave him my email address and told him to shoot me a message, to which I would respond with a few picture attachments.

He really, REALLY loved this picture in particular. It's a long-exposure shot of a ride called the Tornado.


And for nostalgia's sake...an oldie-but-goodie:



Be good, you guys.

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lori at 12:36 AM |