Normally, I don't really like to talk about these things in advance (I'm superstitious that way) but this new opportunity has been my ultimate career goal since I began in my field. And now I'm finally at a place in my professional life in which I've gained the experience, confidence, and credentials to be a viable candidate for this position.
I've already done several phone interviews with both the recruiter and the Northeast regional VP of client service of the company. On Friday afternoon, the recruiter notified me that I did a "fabulous" job on the phone interview with the VP, and that he wants me to come to the office and meet me in person. After that, if I'm still in the running, the company will fly me out to their HQ in Los Angeles, where I'll have to do some kind of presentation for a panel of big-wigs.
Trying hard to keep my cool.
Other than that, I've been indulging in my latest photographic obsession: taking long-exposure shots of waterfalls in the area.
My first outing was to the Valley Creek in (where else?) Valley Forge Park, not far from my office. The process of reaching the geographic location of this little waterfall was arduous. There was no parking near the creek, so I hiked about a mile through VERY tall grass, dragging my tripod and camera case with me. When I finally arrived at this particular spot, it was hot and humid and buggy. My mind began churning out incessant thoughts of chiggers and ticks and impending Lyme disease, and I almost convinced myself to turn around and go the hell home.
I stayed just long enough to take about 100 shots from various angles, using various exposure and ISO settings. I'll leave you with this one, my favorite so far.
