The trapezius spasms have returned with a vengeance, so I'm trying to spend as much time away from the computer as possible. For the better part of the past two weeks, my right shoulder blade has been burning. It feels like it's going to explode. I had a fabulous massage on Friday after work that did help. In fact, it helped so much that I bought a massage package, so I have three more hour-long sessions to look forward to.
The annual Mother/Daughter Trip is coming up soon. We're flying into Jacksonville, renting a car and driving up to Savannah, spending the night there, and then driving the next afternoon to Charleston, SC. I can't wait! I'm really excited to take pictures all over these sister cities. I'm planning on picking up a copy of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil and quickly reading it, so that I'm well-prepared for the Savannah leg of our trip. I did read it once, back in the mid-90s, but I'll be damned if I can remember much about it.
Work has been hectic, per usual. Nothing even worth writing about there. But I have kept my promise to myself about leaving promptly at 5 p.m., and I'm amazed by how much stuff I get done at home in the evenings as a result of that!
In two weeks, I'll be heading downtown to try and get some shots of the Dad Vail Regatta, Philly's annual collegiate boat race on the Schuylkill River. I usually go down there and hang out for a few hours most years; I love the energy of the college kids who are competing in it. Not to mention checking out all those young, muscular rowers. I don't recall the guys looking like that when I was in college!
I'll leave you with a picture that I took about ten days ago in my backyard. It's hard to believe that these bare-branched trees are now bursting with bright-green foliage. Spring has sprung and I am so happy!
Labels: books, family, hobbies, Philadelphia, pictures, sports, travel