I just watched this for the first time from my desk at work, and I inadvertently let out a loud howl when, about halfway through it, there are a couple quick scenes from the G-Lodge Restaurant on the outskirts of Phoenixville, known in the movie as The Filbert Restaurant, in which everyone looks to be running for their lives out of the restaurant and into the street. It's just after the scene in which Mark's character is talking to the train conductors.
Just from the quick shots of it here, it's almost impossible to imagine that just beyond the camera's scope, several hundred crew members and gawkers were gathered in the street to watch the filming.
By the way, I just realized that in the picture just above this paragraph, you can see part of John Leguizamo's face. He's sitting in a chair, just to the left of the guy in the black t-shirt and baseball cap who's standing right near Mark Wahlberg in the center of the picture. See him? I'd been thinking that was JL at the time, but some crazy woman standing next to me kept insisting that it couldn't possibly be John Leguizamo, that the guy in question looked too young. Well, now that I've seen the trailer, I can confirm that it was definitely him, without a doubt.
Apparently the critics are already bashing the film, but I don't care, I'm still going to see it in the theater anyway. It looks like a totally different role for Mark Wahlberg, and I'm very interested in seeing how he does.
Labels: celebrities, Mark Wahlberg, movies, Philly burbs, technology, The Happening