Insert Witty Title Here


Thursday, August 28, 2008
You know, I was really sad to remove my last post because it was the first time in a while that I was actually feeling what I was writing about. So eff it. I'm reposting my thoughts from yesterday now. Identities have been changed as necessary.

Do you have a work boyfriend (or girlfriend)?

I do! His name is F and he's dreamy.

I first met F during a weeklong training that I attended at his company in North Carolina last summer. We hit it off right away. He's totally my kind of guy: flirtatious, hilariously funny and super-smart with a GREAT phone voice, which is convenient as we spend lots of time on the phone together during working hours. It also helps that I am his client, so he has to be really nice to me if he wants to get a good performance review from his boss. Heh.

Our telephone banter and email exchanges, which he peppers liberally with smiley and winky emoticons, help to make my workday go by faster and always put me in a better mood if I'm having a shitty day.

Here's an example of one of our many funny email exchanges from earlier this year, a few weeks before we met again for the annual conference that his firm sponsored in Arizona.

Me: PS – What type of thing does (insert F's company's name) do in San Fran in Sept? Amy said it was the BEST. I’m trying to refine my pitch to mgmt here to substantiate why I should go.

Him: It is similar to the conference coming up but on a grander scale. Some system user info and mostly industry stuff. Good for meeting others and having the round table discussions. I always went as a client and found it to be beneficial.

Me: Interesting. Wonder if I could get ASPPA credits for that. But I hate meeting people in group settings, I’m kind of shy and do better one-on-one. Thanks for the info.

Him: Not sure about the ASPPA credit...I will see if there is any info out there. And I'll make sure I call on you at my presentation :)

Me: If you do that, I will have to hurt you. Badly.

Him: Sweet! ;-)

Labels: ,


Posted by Lori at 1:31 PM |