Insert Witty Title Here


Sunday, January 6, 2008
The temperature in our area today is about fifteen degrees above normal for January. Sunny and a mild fifty degrees with very low wind.

Guess what that meant?

Yep, I dragged The Huz down the city with me and shot all kinds of pics.

Here are a few of the ones I liked the most:


Rodin's The Thinker

Rocky Balboa at the base of the Art Museum steps...do you know how LONG I had to wait to get a picture of this statue with no one in it? Like ten frickin' minutes! This was probably the most popular tourist attraction we saw today...ridiculous, isn't it?

Of course, after seeing the Rocky statue, The Huz was compelled to run up the steps of the Art Museum and yell, "Aaaaadriaaaaannnnn!"

City skyline from the top of the Museum's steps. I was a bit disappointed by the haze today, but I still love this shot.

Skyscrapers on Race Street

This is the as-of-yet incomplete Comcast Center at 17th and Race. It will be the tallest building in the city once it's finished.

Here are a few shots of the Swann Fountain at Logan Square on the Parkway. Inexplicably, I am fascinated by this fountain, and always have been. Since the water's been shut off for the winter, I climbed into the fountain and took a bunch of pics.

This might be my favorite picture of all the ones I've taken so far.

I just realized that this shot of City Hall from Logan Square makes it look like William Penn is...er...quite well-endowed! Oopsie.

The rear of the Art Museum and the Fairmount Waterworks from West River Drive.

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lori at 5:06 PM |