Our party is tomorrow.
We invited sixty one people; fifty five are coming. This is the biggest group I've ever entertained in one shot. I'm a little nervous, but I figure people will eat and drink whatever I've provided, so I can't get too worried about it. However, that didn't prevent me from having an awful nightmare last night that the party was about to start and I'd somehow forgotten about it, and all these people were coming into my house and I had no food for them! Ugh. I woke up this morning in a total panic.
I took the day off from work and cooked and baked basically all day. I roasted twelve pounds of red bliss potatoes and made four pounds of baked ziti. I baked four dozen snickerdoodles, five dozen chocolate chip cookies, a large pan of brownies, and four dozen cupcakes.
The Huz really pitched in and helped today, thankfully. He cleaned almost the entire house, even down to the baseboards.
Other stuff on the menu:
Chips, pretzels and dip
Vegetable crudite
Bocconcini, black olives, mini sweet gherkins
Hummus and pita chips
Pigs in a blanket
Shrimp cocktail
Deviled eggs
Hot roast beef
Green beans amandine
And the ever-popular Chick-Fil-A nuggets
Coffee, beer, wine, soda, and several different kinds of liquor
Pumpkin roll
I am exhausted and going to bed now. I'll be taking plenty of pics tomorrow with the new Nikon.