Take, for instance, the incredible information you can get from a sitemeter. You can see all kinds of details on your visitors. I'm still tickled when I see people not just across the country, but AROUND THE WORLD, stopping by to check out my site.
I currently use several different kinds of meters: Sitemeter, Statcounter, and OneStatFree. They're all different and useful in their own way, although I think that Sitemeter and Statcounter are best. I can tell from the stats when my regular readers have been here, and in fact have labeled most of the active participants for ease of recognition. Like right now, Teri, I can see that you're here. Hee!
Lately, my curiosity has definitely been piqued. There's someone who's been Googling my name plus the name of this blog and visiting here intermittently over the past month. This visitor has been spending quite a bit of time checking out both this blog and my previous one. I suspect (s)he is in either Delco or Montco, lives near or on the Main Line, uses Comcast as their ISP, and uses Windows XP and Internet Explorer 7.0.
I do have a few ideas of who my mystery reader might be, but it would be waaaay cool if (s)he said hello...or even just shot me a prvivate email.
Labels: opinions, technology