Insert Witty Title Here


Saturday, January 5, 2008
A year ago today, I was fired from a job that I honestly believed I would retire from.

I was gutted. I'd never been fired before, and I hadn't received any kind of warning about it from my boss.

I left work that afternoon, sobbing so violently that I could barely drive. As soon as I'd arrived home, I headed straight to my computer, not even taking off my coat. I sat down, updated my resume, and immediately sent it to three firms whose job postings I'd found online.

Four days later, I had two interviews set up. I wound up cancelling one of them because after some consideration, I decided I wasn't interested in the job. But I did go to the other interview, and that's how I got here today.

Despite the stress of my job (and there is LOTS of stress!), I can honestly say that I love what I do. There are some aspects that I could definitely live without, but overall I enjoy going to work and can't imagine not doing it. I've gained so much good experience from this job, and I've definitely grown professionally. I also managed to get the NASD Series 65 certification, which is something I certainly wouldn't have done if I were still working at the old firm.

Next week, our office is moving to a new building. I will have my very own office, which excites me--Milton is a nice guy and all, but lately I've been jonesing for some privacy. Not to mention these days he's not only murmuring the song titles and artists' names for every song, but also has been singing along to a good bit of them. Argh!

One year ago today, I was frightened and extremely depressed. Inconsolable, really. I couldn't have imagined how well things would turn out for me. But once again, the entire experience has shown me that everything really does happen for a reason.

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lori at 8:41 PM |