Sounds like a lot of fun, eh?
Being the wonderfully compliant (except for right now) patient that I am, I will be following my doctor's orders to stay off the computer for the remainder of the weekend.
I started developing a wicked pain under my right scapula on Wednesday at work. Those familiar with me might remember that I get little knots in that area from either bad stress or just plain old overusage of my mouse/computer...or lately, the way work has been...BOTH.
I went for a massage after work on Wednesday, hoping it would help. It didn't. Actually, it made it worse. By the time I got home at 8 p.m., I couldn't move my head at all without a searing pain shooting up my back and into my neck.
I took a Flexeril and went to bed. Of course, didn't help that The Huz had been on a business trip in Kentucky since Sunday. I was all alone, in so much pain. Sniff, sniff.
I woke up yesterday and still couldn't move; in fact could barely get out of bed. I called out of work but still spent 75 minutes on the phone with our assistant, helping her handle some of my workload. Is that dedication or just insanity?
The Huz got home late morning and I was able to get in to see my doctor. He told me I'm having trapezius spasms and that I need to give my right arm complete rest from anything strenuous or repetitive for the next few days. He wrote me a note for work, explaining that I can't return until Monday. Then he gave me some scripts for an anti-inflammatory and a painkiller (Ultram, not Darvocet, dammit).
So I just wanted to give my cyberbuddies an update, and an explanation as to why I'll be scarce in the next few days.
PS - The good care and loving attention I received yesterday from The Huz was definitely the nicest Valentine's gift I could ever get. Thanks honey!