Well, I fell behind on my running program, as I'd suspected I would during the quarterly statement production period at work at the end of January.
I'd gotten to Week 2, Day 1 of C25K before my little hiatus. In this week, you walk briskly for five minutes, then alternate 90 seconds of running with 120 seconds of jogging for twenty-five minutes.
I started Week 2 on Saturday, January 26, and developed SUCH a pounding headache during the run that I came home from the gym that afternoon and got into bed for the remainder of the day. I felt like shit and frankly, I was a little concerned about the headache. I'm in pretty good health but having a non-sinus-related headache of that intensity made me pretty nervous.
So with trepidation in my heart, I picked up again this past Friday night with W2D2.
The outcome? It was challenging but not impossible. The good news is I didn't have any further headaches from it.
Something new happened to me during this week of the program: shin splints! At worst, they bothered me just a bit...more an annoyance than seriously painful.
I did W2D3 last night and am wondering if I should repeat Week 2 again or if I should continue to Week 3 on Thursday. Week 3 encompasses two alternating cycles: the first cycle is 90 seconds each for running and recovery; the second cycle is running for 3 minutes (!) followed by a three-minute recovery walk. Repeat for twenty minutes. Yikes.
I think I'm ready for it. We'll see!