So.
I'm a big enough person to admit when I'm whipped. And W3D1 didn't just whip me...it kicked my frickin' ass!
It took five days for my right calf/ankle/shin to stop throbbing. I don't mind a little pain, but I was having difficulty just walking at a normal stroll after W3D1.
Therefore, I've decided two things:
One, I must invest in good running shoes. My little Nike crosstrainers just aren't cutting it anymore. I also think that I'm overcompensating on my right leg/foot due to the lymphedema in my left foot/lower leg. Hence, the aching right leg.
Sidenote: did I ever mention that I have a (very thankfully) mild form of LE? If you feel compelled to Google photos of LE, I must warn you, it's not for the faint of heart! Fortunately, my LE is nowhere near as bad as the pictures suggest. But it still has an effect on my daily life, including exercise.
Two, I'm going to have to slooooow down. The whole point of starting any kind of fitness routine is consistency. If I hurt myself to a degree that forces me to stop exercising for five to seven days, I'm either not doing it correctly or trying to move ahead too fast.
Last night, I did very well using a 2-min:2-min ratio of running and walking. I'm going to focus on doing that for the next two or three go-rounds and then, if I feel I can progress to 3:2, I will.